Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Being productive

Hubby and I had a super productive weekend. We cleaned our place from top to bottom and I even got some organizing done. I cleaned out my craft books and my sewing area too. The sewing table was a huge disaster and really needed some TLC.

After it was all done, I was so happy with good it looked except for one eye sore. My sewing machine! I've had it over a year and have been covering it with an old, ratty, red towel. I finally had enough of that towel and sat down to make myself a sewing machine cover.



The fabric is home dec weight fabric from IKEA. I had about a half yard left over from THIS project and decided to use that. Now my sewing machine cover matches the wall hanging in my bedroom. The pattern is from S.E.W. Everything Workshop.



Adios nasty red towel!

4 comments:

Andrea Moberly said...

Love it :) Very nice!

Snap said...

Well done!

Kristina P. said...

What a fun idea! I love the fabric.

Laura said...

The cover looks great! My house needs a good top to bottom cleaning, but I can't motivate myself to do it. One day I'll get around to it.