Sunday, November 14, 2010

Belts, Birthdays, and Cakes, oh my!

Piper started taking Tae Kwon Do classes in September and has taken to it really quickly. She's earned three stripes on her white belt since she started, which earned her the privilege to test for a new belt. Yesterday morning was her first testing day and she rocked it! Check out her fancy pants orange belt. I'm pretty sure she could kick my butt with those moves!

In other family related news, my dad's 47th birthday was this past Wednesday. We couldn't make it to Brooklyn that day because of parent teacher conferences, so we went to have dinner with the fam yesterday.
Yes, we're the dorky family taking pictures in Pizzeria Uno.
My little BFF and I.

My dad with my twin sisters, Jennifer and Tiffani. My other sister Inky was there with her boyfriend, but I guess I didn't get them in any pics. Sorry Inky! Should analyze the unconscious motivations of that? ;)

My uber cute parents.

I baked a Boston Cream Cake on Friday night. Baked is really a loose word for this one. The whole thing was made with a yellow box cake, French vanilla instant pudding, and microwaved frosting. It was really good though.

One little problem though... the top cake cracked when I was putting it on top. Oops!

Being as it was late and I had no fancy cover-ups, Piper and I decided to throw some chocolate discs on there, stick a candle in the mouth, and call it a day. Can I get a woo woo for the totally ghetto cover up? Ha!

Here's dad, grandpa and mom's favorite baby, Shyla. I swear that dog thinks she's human.

It was really nice to spend the night with my crazy family! Happy Birthday Dad!

7 comments:

Kaye said...

Wuahahaha! I love the cake! Except he looks like he's smoking the birthday candle! Nice save Piper!

And WTG on the belt!

Snap said...

Happy Birthday to Dad!!! Looks like a good time was had by all! (My mouth is watering over the cake.)

Kristina P. said...

Pi looks awesome! Adam used to teach karate and loved it.

And hey, even though it cracked, it sure looks delicious!

Laura said...

Congratulations to Piper, and happy birthday to your dad! You've got a young dad - he's only two years older than my husband, ha, ha!

Boston creme (cream?) cake - yum!

You look just like your mom, by the way!

Caroline said...

The cake looked delicious...that glaze had my mouth watering. Good for Pi learning Taekwondo!! Your family is uber lindo!!

Caroline said...

The cake looked delicious...that glaze had my mouth watering. Good for Pi learning Taekwondo!! Your family is uber lindo!!

Dragonflymom said...

Looks like a lot of fun, and the yummy cake? I must have missed that one, I guess it got lost in the mail. LOL