Friday, July 9, 2010

Fabric Blocks, how I love thee.

Back in May, I made a bunch of bibs, burpcloths, and baby pants for my friend Joyce, whose sister was having twin boys. Well, the twins were born (like a month ago, but remember I mentioned I'm s-l-o-w)! They were a few weeks early, but were a great weight and are doing well.


Joyce's happy announcement reminded me that there was some fleece leftover and in my quest to bust stash, I started looking for a pattern to use. I wanted something that the boys could actually play with. I came upon THIS tutorial and knew it was the one.




These blocks worked up so quickly in just an afternoon. They're soft and squishy and just awesome. They're also perfect for throwing at people's heads, but I won't tell you how I know that, heehee.

I love them and hope the boys will too!

By the way, some of you asked me about the Principal's quilt. Pi's teacher gave the quilt to the principal on the day of her goodbye party. Unfortunately, I wasn't there to see it, but I did get to go to the party after work and she hugged and thanked me. Turns out she is a sewer too and she said she knew how much work went into it. She was really sweet to send Piper a personal thank you note in the mail too. She will be sorely missed!

So what are you guys doing this weekend? Me, I'm just going to kick my feet up and relax!

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Love the new look! Those blocks are super cute anf I can just see lil fingers & mouths all over them.

Kristina P. said...

What a fun, creative idea!

Laura said...

Really cute blocks! That's great that the principal sews too, because you know she'll especially appreciate the quilt!

Kaye said...

Cute blocks! Maybe that's the answer to getting rid of my scraps!

Snap said...

I don't know how you get so much done!!! Too cute! (Like the new look, too.) Have a great weekend. We are off for apple-almond pancakes!

Lorena said...

Love the blocks! look at you all sewing and stuff!