The first is the Short and Sweet from SnB. I’ve changed it quite a bit though. I wanted it to fit my litter monster, so I changed the hook size and used Caron Simply Soft. I also wanted it to hit her waist, so I lengthened the bottom of it.
Once it was all done, she decided that she didn’t like that it didn’t close. I tried explaining to her that it’s a bolero and not supposed to close. No good. I offered to add ties so she can just make a bow and be done with it. Again, no good. So I added a button and a strap that loops through one side of the bolero, loops back around, and closes on the button. I’m not thrilled with the way this looks, but she’s happy with it.
The pattern itself is gorgeous and I think it looks like roses, especially since it was done in this pink color. It was challenging but fun to make.
This next picture is of the little monster again. I made her this tank top over the summer. I made up the pattern myself and can’t remember what yarn I used. I worked from the top down and added the straps last. Can you tell she likes pink?
This next pic is of a pillow I made for one of my co-workers. She and her hubby chose an uncommon name for their baby, so I thought it would be nice to make her a personalized pillow. Its big enough to be a body pillow since the baby’s name is long, but I really like the way it came out.
For the lettering, I used a graph from this site http://www.crochetkim.com/patterns/perbaby.html. It was made in Lion Brand CottonEase. Sooo soft and nice to work with. The rest of the pillow was made with fleece and whipstitched together.
Now onto Edgerydoo madness. First, let me say I love this tool. Its very simple, but cuts my time in half for making fleece items with crochet edging.
This blanket was made for Project Athena, which donates blankets to preemies. That is a charity run by Pi’s girl scout leader. Her own granddaughter, Athena, was a preemie, so she started this group to help other preemie families.
This blanket is also an edgerydoo blanket. This one measures 36x42 approximately and was made for another co-worker who just had a baby this past July (there must be something in the water here…everyone is pregnant!).
Last, but certainly not least is this blanket I made for my dad as a Christmas gift. He asked me for a blanket in 1998 or 1999 with a Puerto Rican flag on it. I couldn’t find a pattern, so I just gave up on it for a LONG time. Finally, last year, I whipped out the graph paper and created a design.
The afghan turned out way too small (more like a lapghan). Give me some credit…it was my first graph design ever! So I just added a border around until it was a good size. He loved it, even with the chunky border. One day I’ll go back and correct the size, so the flag part makes up the entire afghan.