Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pay it Forwards

All of my pay it forwards have been received, so I'm posting what I've made for anyone who missed it:

To Ashley went one of these from SnB: Happy Hooker. I love making these bags!



This next one went to Snappish. It's a pineapple scarf from the 2008 Crochet Pattern-a-Day Calendar. I've always liked pineapples but am petrified to try thread, so I was stupid excited when I saw this pattern.



This went to Riohnna. Its one of my St. Maurus Headwarmers



I also sent some kiddie scarves for Ashley's and Riohnna's bambinos.

I had so much fun with this that I can't wait to jump into more swaps. We are nearing the end of our first swap at Swap Swap Gals. I can't wait to show you guys what I made for that!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, stupid excited. I will have to remember that one! I LOVED my stuff, Christina! And everything else you made too. Wow!

Laurah said...

I would love to try out the pineapple scarf! The only thing with pineapples I've tried is a dishcloth and it didn't turn out very well. I'm with you on the thread crohet thing. I'll use it, but prefer somehting I can control the tension on. Love all the PIF gifts!

CraftyAshley said...

Thanks again Christina! I love my bag and the kids love their scarfs. Your PIFs look great!

Laura said...

Those are all beautiful, especially the pineapple scarf! I can't do thread crochet either - it hurts my wrist too bad, and I can't see the stitches in yarn so thin. Hope you're feeling better!

Caroline said...

Loved seeing you PIF! Your adventers in the subway are hilarious. The sweater you made your daughter is darling. She picked out great colors!

Laurah said...

You're not crazy, but my spam collector is. What a weird glitch! You didn't have any links or anything. Hmm...

Lesalicious said...

Love all your PIF's great job as always. Keep on crocheting.:)

Snappish said...

I'm loving my scarf...I have received lots of compliments on it, and believe me...I have been a'wearin it here in chilly Georgia. I was afraid to try thread at first too...such tiny thread and tiny hooks, but it opened up a whole new world of crochet to me, and now when I work with yarn, even baby yarn...it feels sooooo bulky and awkward.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I love seeing my scarf on your blog. I am the designer.
If your readers would like to see it and other pineapple patterns they can go to my blog
http://yarntaler.blogspot.com
I've been designing up a storm.