Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lookie what Laura gave me!

An award!



I copied the meaning from Laura's blog:

From Xandra, creator of The Daily Dose Award: "This little award is called The Daily Dose - and here is all the important info to tell you what it is about and where it came from. This is a tribute to all the blogs that you've discovered that you can't possibly live without. They make you laugh, cry, think and feel connected every time you read a post. They give you a thrill as you see them loading into your browser and you get an equally satisfying thrill when you see that they have commented on your blog. I'd like to pass this honor along to some cherished blog friends. In a cyber world ... I often gravitate to these places for my "daily dose" ... because these particular women share bits and pieces of themselves that I just can't seem to live without. I sit in the morning with my hot cuppa Joe and stop by my "friends" to get caught up ... perhaps even a little "wrapped up" in their lives".

Thanks Laura, that made my day! Sometimes I wonder if ramble too much, LOL.

I have too many favorites to pick just three for my Daily Dose. To tell you all my little dirty secret, I visit all the blogs on my blogroll at least twice a day...sometimes more! I'm a blog stalker, heehee.


On a side note, I spilled coffee on a half skein of yarn today. Joy! First, I mourned the messed up yarn and then I mourned the loss of coffee...every drop of which makes me functionable (is that a word?) and non-cranky in the morning. I only have one cup a day, but it makes all the difference in my mood. Oddly, I don't need it on the weekends...maybe because I can sleep as long as I want?

I was able to finish my project (thank goodness it was almost done) by using the yarn in the middle of the skein, which wasn't stained.

Oh yeah, and I went back to the gym on Monday. Now, I'm not making resolutions, because I'll never keep them, but I am going to the gym while I have the gumption too. I took a boot camp class today. Can we say ouch? Ouch.

9 comments:

Laura said...

Glad you liked the award! : ) Funny how things work out, I grew up in a house with two totally coffee addicted parents, but I hate coffee, even the flavored kinds! I do like the smell of freshly ground coffee brewing though - strange! I'll stick with my Diet Cokes and diet powdered iced tea mix. My husband thinks it's weird that I hate brewed iced tea, and hot tea, but love overly sweet powdered iced tea - can't explain it, LOL!

CraftyAshley said...

I would agree with that award you received. I love coming over to your blog and you making me laugh. That is why your PIF meant all that much more to me. I'm sorry to hear about your spill! That is awful I'm glad I haven't had to deal with that yet.(give it time I'm sure I will with three kids.) Hope you get your fix and have a great day!

Bezzie said...

I'm with Laura, love the smell but hate the taste. But only when it's brewing, cold coffee or spilled coffee is eww!

Congrats on the award!

Laurah said...

Congrats on the blog nod! I definitely check back to a select few blogs more times in one day than I'd like to admit. You are so good about posting the odds are in my favor that something new and interesting will be up!

Crafty Christina said...

Its funny because I never ever drank coffee until I got this job. My previous job didn't require me to be there until 10am and I lived 8 blocks away, so I could literally leave for work 10 minutes before. I start this job at 8, but am usually here by 7 everyday, and have a 45-60 minute commute. Hubby loves coffee and introduced me to its caffeinated goodness. I can't drink more than a cup a day...that's too much for me. But that morning cup of joe is oh so good.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the award!!! Wow, I woulda definitely peed my pants!

Lesalicious said...

Aint Laura nice she's so sweet. I so have to visit your blog a couple times a day to see how you is hanging in there and what's your upcoming crafty work. Keep on blogging because you know I will pop in again.:) You deserve the award you is oh so sweet Christina. Take care:)

Anonymous said...

I would definitely agree on the award. You deserve it :)

Crafty Christina said...

Thanks ladies! I have the warm and fuzzies now!